Did he die
If he did it’s OK, the cats will eat him.
Kurt Vonnegut: 16 Rules For Writing Fiction
1. Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel the time was wasted.
2. Give the reader at least one character he or she can root for.
3. Every character should want something, even if it is only a glass of water.
4. Every sentence must do one of two things — reveal character or advance the action.
5. Start as close to the end as possible.
6. Be a sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
7. Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia.
8. Give your readers as much information as possible as soon as possible. To heck with suspense. Readers should have such complete understanding of what is going on, where and why, that they could finish the story themselves, should cockroaches eat the last few pages.
9. Find a subject you care aboutand which you in your heart feel others should care about.
10. Do not ramble.
11. Keep it simple. Simplicity of language is not only reputable, but perhaps even sacred.
12. Have guts to cut. Your rule might be this: If a sentence, no matter how excellent, does not illuminate your subject in some new and useful way, scratch it out.
13. Sound like yourself. The writing style which is most natural for you is bound to echo the speech you heard when a child.
14. Say what you mean. You should avoid Picasso-style or jazz-style writing, if you have something worth saying and wish to be understood.
15. Pity the readers. Our stylistic options as writers are neither numerous nor glamorous, since our readers are bound to be such imperfect artists.
16. You choose. The most meaningful aspect of our styles, which is what we choose to write about, is utterly unlimited.
Did anybody notice the sign that reads “Beware pickpockets”?
It is like pure gold <3
Fun fact: pickpockets used to put up signs like that in tourist areas, so that tourists would pat places on themselves where their valuables were kept, to check that they were still there. Then the pickpockets would know exactly where to retrieve them from.
A warning to anybody thinking about getting a husky
You can build yourself a third husky
That’s the spirit
question: after whisking her away to his castle, did prince charming #1 help snow white press her birthright at her own castle? did he have any inkling that the chick he’d just picked up wasa princess, or was he just planning on breaking all social law by marrying a servant who cleaned up well? for that matter, did snow white remember that she was a princess, or had the evil queen sent her to work too early for snow to remember? what sort of inheritance-related mayhem have these people wrought?
this guy said “bye” to me and I told him “you too” and I have literally spent the past four hours debating whether or not that was socially acceptable
"Bye" is an abbreviation of "goodbye" which was a contraction of "God be with ye" to which it would be appropriate/grammatically logical to respond "You too" so yeah you’re fine
well then that’s one less thing to be embarrassed about
There was a bunny at Lowes today eating all the flowers
haha u go lil bun
fight the power
live the dream, small friend
When I spoke to Phineas he said he wished he had a coffee badge to give to Brewster. Someone please make that adorable scenario happen with some art.
Dunsparce is ready to love again.